As a UFE Prep (Module 6) mentor, you will play an important role in your student’s preparation this summer. By now, you and your student should have met to review their study plan and to set expectations. In the next few weeks, your student may ask you to review a simulation, and after the two-week classroom session, your student may ask you to review another.
When you’re providing your student feedback after these reviews, consider asking some of these questions. Of course, not all of them may apply, so choose the ones that fit best.
- Did you develop a plan for how to approach the question, and did you stick to it? If not, why not?
- Were there any areas where you spent more time than necessary, either in preparing your response or in the response itself?
- Were there any technical areas in the question that caused you to struggle? How will you address them going forward?
- What clues in the narrative and exhibits did you use to decide what to focus on in your response?
Did you get off track in your response? What set you off course?
- What was the big picture of the question? Did you address it?
Do you have suggestions for other mentors? Share them in the comments below.